Rick is in Bowling Green, Kentucky this week checking out all the sports travel possibilities in this great town and is joined by Beth Noffsinger, Communications Director, Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
So much to do and see when it comes to sports and attractions.
GEARED FOR FUN… WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!
Planes and trains… Cars and guitars… Caves and waves… Rails and trails… Thrills and chills… Charm and farms… We could keep going for days, and that’s just what it would take to see and do everything in the Bowling Green area. As the Home of the Corvette, we sure love our fast cars, but the city offers so much more that we think you will be surprised by how much is happening here.
The icing on the Duncan Hines cake is that we’re geared for couples, families, and groups with this many options. So come on, rev up the whole crew or recharge just two in Kentucky’s third-largest city… It’s a Classic American Destination!
WKU athletics, minor league baseball, the National Corvette Museum and family friendly drag racing.
Also for participants:
- Over 40 diamonds to knock ‘em out of, like the 8-field, lighted Buchanon Park, host of several ASA National Championships
- More than 20 sets of hoops to dunk ‘em into, like WKU’s E.A. Diddle Arena and the new gyms at Buchanon Park and Ephram Park
- Six 18-hole courses to drive ‘em home on, like Bowling Green Country Club, annual host of the KHSAA Boys’ & Girls’ State Tourney, and the award-winning course at Olde Stone
- Enough targets to aim ‘em at for the International Daisy BB Gun Championship, the NRA National Championships and the USA Shooting Championships
- More disc golf baskets to flip ‘em into than any other city our size with PDGA design influence on six 18-hole courses
- Awarded numerous James Farrell ASA Awards of Excellence for hosting several of the highest-rated ASA youth softball tournaments
- Site of a state-of-the-art 20,000 sq. ft. skate park
- Center field position off Interstate 65 just past the Tennessee state line
- Over 3,000 beds for dreaming of tomorrow’s victory
- Small city makes it easier to navigate through safer communities
- Thriving hometown business community with large sponsorship pool
- Enthusiastic local sports fans ready to assist your team with the small stuff
Fun talking with Beth and lots of information.