Rick is joined on this episode by Ken and Michael Richards of eSportsCards LLC.
Sports card collectors now have a new and techy way of organizing their collections with some bonus features thrown in.
eSportsCards, LLC. has created and released the “ScoutingReport” app and it is available on iOS and Android platforms.
⦁ google play – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ScoutingReport
⦁ app store – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scouting-report/id1168035316
First step is downloading the ScoutingReport app.
ScoutingReport allows the user to manage their collection across multiple devices, using common sporting terms:
- Roster – this is the users entered collection. Through the built in on-demand synchronizing functionality, your collection is backed up to the cloud and can be leveraged across multiple devices.
- Lineups – just like a coach or manager, Lineups provide the ability to partition and segment your collection into teams, sport, rookie, memorabilia, graded and authenticated, etc. Creating lineups is limited to your imagination.
The ScoutingReport app also offers a “Collector’sArena”, a proprietary peer-to-peer trading/selling, marketplace. Collector’sArena is a 24/7 Card Show with available tables growing with each new member to the community.
Collector’sArena is simple to use:
- Name your price when you list your cards.
- No auction to monitor and worry about last second buy out.
- Transaction fees are based on our in-app ticketing system. Tickets are less than $0.01 per card. For the remainder of 2020, ticketing fees have been waived.
- All transactions require PayPal for peer-to-peer selling via ‘goods and services’ transactions ensures the transactions, eSportsCards is not a middleman like other buying/selling platforms.
- Packaging options predetermined by the seller and chosen by the buyer.
How to get started:
ScoutingReport is currently listed for $4.99 in the app stores. Here’s the functionality that is included with the $4.99 download:
- Create a User profile – without the profile user interaction is limited to viewing items in the Collector’sArena, i.e. Window Shopping.
- Create, organize, store and backup your collection.
- Access to buy/sell in the Collector’sArena.
- Initial 100 tickets.
Two recent updates to the ScoutingReport app:
We have implemented a few securities that are offered in the form of ‘Child Accounts’. A Child Account will enable you to set your child up with their own account; however, there are limitations available to that account that you select: how much can they spend on a transaction without authorization from you; they cannot see any materials (think Billy Ripkens’ bat) that are flagged as ‘Adult Only’ when cards are uploaded to the Collector’s Arena marketplace.
Users are not required to utilize existing nomenclature for their card collection. A user can use their own verbiage for card set, card brand or sub set; i.e. green refractor Tom Brady.
We are hobbyists looking to bring the hobby community back to a central location via the ScoutingReport App and the Collector’sArena. Through the remainder of 2020, we have suspended the ticketing system, only fees are for the PayPal transaction.
Feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.